Huntington Mills

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: How many homes are in the Huntington Mills development?

A: 199.

Q: How much are my annual assessments (dues)?

A: $160 currently.  Therefore, if every homeowner pays their assessments on time, the total amount collected each year would be $31,840.

Q: When do my annual assessments need to be paid?

A: Assessments for each calendar year are due and payable on March 1st of the current year.

Q: Will I receive a bill?

A: Yes.  Invoices are mailed out each year to the homeowner.

Q: Can I pay my annual assessment online?

A: There is not currently a method for online payments.  Checks or money orders should be mailed to P.O. Box 915 in Clayton.

Q: Are there late fees assessed or additional legal consequences if I don’t pay on time?

A: Yes. If the assessment is not paid within 30 days after the delinquency date, the assessment shall bear interest from the date of delinquency at a rate of 18% per annum.  If there is no response to the invoice(s), all legal rights shall be explored, including, but not limited to, proceedings necessary to recover the debt such as filing a Personal Lawsuit for the debt or a lien against the property or both.

Q: What does my dues money get used for?

A: The assessments collected are used exclusively by the Board for the purposes of promoting the recreation, health, safety and welfare of the residents.  In particular, they are used for improvement and maintenance of common properties, and include areas such as taxes, insurance, review engagements, lawncare/landscaping, stormwater ponds, electric, etc.

Q: I want to put a pool, fence, solar panels, shed, etc. on my property.  Do I need approval from the HOA?

A: Yes.  In addition to obtaining the necessary permits through the Town of Clayton, the HOA also must review and approve the plans prior to any work being completed.

Q: How do I obtain approval from the HOA?

A: The Architectural Control Committee (ACC) receives all requests for architectural and other changes as defined in the Declaration of Restrictions and approves or disapproves the requests.  The current Chair of the ACC is Verdell “Jack” Jackson and he can be reached by phone at 609-374-4113.

Q: I’m selling my house and the buyer or seller’s real estate agent / mortgage company needs verification that I have paid my annual assessment(s).  How do obtain that verification?

A: The HOA Secretary, Dawn Blair, maintains the records of the properties and their assessments.  She can be reached by phone (preferred) at 302-670-8163 or email at  Please allow up to 72 hours to receive a response.